Department of Mathematics
Johns Hopkins University
3400 North Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218-2686
Krieger Hall, Room 202
Office Hours for Fall 2013:
jross "at" math.jhu.edu
- I am interested in geometric flows, specifically mean curvature flow. Currently, I am studying the isoperimetric problem on the Gaussian measure as a means to better understand self-shrinkers.
- Advisor: William Minicozzi - JHU website - MIT website
- Graduate Resources: Arxiv, MathSciNet
Current Courses (Fall 2013):
- Honors Calculus
- Calculus 1 (Bio)
- Summer 2013 - Differential Equations
- Fall 2012 - Introduction to Calculus
- Summer 2012 - Calculus 3
- Fall 2011 - Introduction to Calculus
- Spring 2011 - Calculus 2 (Bio)
- Fall 2010 - Honors Multivariable Calculus
- Summer 2010 - Differential Equations
- Fall 2010 - Calculus 1 (Engineering)
- JHU Math - main website
- JODE Applet - Java applets, useful for visualizing and studying Differential Equations
- Direction Field and Phase Plane Grapher - a program that creates DFields/Phase Planes for (systems of) Differential Equations.
- Paul's Online Math Notes - a collection of online notes for all levels of Calculus and Differential Equations.
- Khan Academy - this website contains video tutorials on all levels of math! Especially useful for Precalculus students, or students who need a Precalculus refresher.
- Pictures - of me, my friends, and adventures.