Department of Mathematics
Johns Hopkins University
3400 North Charles Street, Baltimore, 21218
I am currently working with Prof. Mauro Maggioni and Fei Lu. I am interested in solving problems in the mathematical foundations of Data Science. My research projects are motivated by the need to exploit dynamical data sets in complex physical systems to perform inference with provable performance and build generalizable and interpretable predictive models, where I used techniques from Statistical/Machine Learning, Harmonic Analysis, Approximation Theory, and Probability.
Here is my CV. I am looking for a tenure track position in the year 2019-2020.
- Learning first order stochastic interacting agent systems (with F. Lu and M. Maggioni). In the final stage of preparation. To submit to Phyiscal D: special issue on machine learning and dynamical systems.
- On the identifiability of interaction functions in systems of interacting particles (with Z. Li, F. Lu, M. Maggioni and C. Zhang). Arxiv:arXiv:1912.11965. To submit to Probability Theory and Related Fields.
- Learning interaction kernels in heterogeneous systems of agents from multiple trajectories (with F. Lu and M. Maggioni). Arxiv:1910.04832. To submit to Journal of Machine Learning Research.
Nonparametric inference of interaction laws in systems of agents from trajectory data (with F. Lu, M. Maggioni and M. Zhong). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, 116(29): 14424-14433, 2019.
- Analysis of simulated crowd flow exit data: visualization, panic detection, exit time convergence, attribution and estimation (with A. Grim, B. Iskra, N. Ju, A. Kryshchenko, F.P. Medina, L. Ness, M. Ngamini, M. Owen, R. Paffenroth), Research in Data Science, 17:239-281, 2019.
- Sensor Calibration for Spectral Estimation Off the Grid (with Y. Eldar and W. Liao). Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, in press, 2019.
- Phaseless reconstruction from space-time samples (with A. Aldroubi and I. Krishtal). Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, in press, 2018.
- Undersampled windowed exponentials, spectra of Toeplitz operators and its applications (with C. Lai). Acta Applicanda Mathematicae, in press, 2018
- Universal spatial-temporal sampling sets for discrete spatially invariant evolution systems. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 63(9): 5518-5528, 2017.
- System Identification in Dynamical Sampling. Advance in Computational Mathematics, 43(3): 555-580, 2017.
- Dynamical Sampling (with A. Aldroubi, C. Cabrelli and U. Molter). Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, 42(3): 378-401, 2017.
- Phase retrieval of evolving signals from space-time samples (with A. Aldroubi and I. Krishtal). Proceeding of 12th international conference on Sampling Theory and Applications, 2017.
- Multidimensional Signal Recovery in Discrete Evolution Systems via Spatiotemporal Trade Off (with R. Aceska and A. Petrosyan). Sampling Theory in Signal and Image Processing, 14(2):153-169, 2015.
- Filter Recovery in Infinite Spatially Invariant Evolutionary Systems via Spatiotemporal Trade off. Proceeding of 11th international conference on Sampling Theory and Applications, 2015.
- Dynamical sampling of two-dimensional temporally-varying signals (with R. Aceska and A. Petrosyan). Proceeding of 11th international conference on Sampling Theory and Applications, 2015.
- Dynamical sampling in hybrid shift invariant spaces (with R. Aceska). Contemporary Mathematics, American Mathematics Society, Providence, 626:149-166, 2014.
- Summer 2019: Math 109 Calculus II
- Spring 2019: Math 109 Calculus II (179 Students)
- Fall 2018: Math 201 Linear Algebra (167 Students)
- Spring 2018: Math 212 Honors Linear Algebra
- Fall 2017: Math 443 Fourier Analysis